Research Career Development Fellowships, Republic of Ireland
Designation/Position- Research Career Development Fellowships
Science Foundation Ireland and the Health Research Board invites application for Research Career Development Fellowships from eligible and interested candidates
About- This scheme provides support for postdoctoral researchers at academic organizations in the Republic of Ireland who aim to become independent scientists leading their own group. Awards are made in partnership with Science Foundation Ireland and the Health Research Board.
Research/Job Area- Various research area
Location- Republic of Ireland
- You can apply for a Research Career Development Fellowship if you’re already driving your own research and you’re ready to lead an independent research program.
- You must have a Ph.D. and significant postdoctoral research experience.
- You should have made important contributions to your area of research, eg publications, patents, software development, or an impact on policy.
- You must have sponsorship from a head of department or equivalent at an eligible host organization in the Republic of Ireland.
- If you’re proposing to stay in your current department, you should describe in your application how this proposal will further your independent scientific career.
- If you’ve been away from research (eg for a career break, maternity leave, or long-term sick leave), we’ll allow for this when we consider your application.
Research group will review:
- your research contributions
- the scientific merit of your proposed project
- the significance of the research
- the feasibility of your proposal
- the suitability of your sponsor and host environment for both your research and for the development of your independent career.
At the end of this fellowship, you should:
- have achieved international standing in your area of research
- be leading your own research programme
- have the skills and experience to apply for senior level fellowships or permanent positions at research organisations.
For more information, read our Guidance on Research Career Development Fellowships [DOCX 28KB].